This information with additional detailed explanation can be found on our website at: https://selahspiritual.com/track-two-ignatian-spiritual-direction/
- Certificate in Spiritual Direction from an accepted program.
- Completion of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius--individually with a spiritual director.
- Desire to direct others through the Spiritual Exercises.
Requirements for Track Two Certificate Program:
- Receive monthly spiritual direction.
- Read from a bibliography that focuses on Ignatian spirituality and the ministry of spiritual direction.
- Write a final reflective paper describing the manner in which Ignatian spirituality enhances/impacts you and your ministry of spiritual direction. This is a reflective exercise aimed at demonstrating the integration of the topics covered during the residency. Paper is due August 1st, 2022 (this is required of those who are not participating in the 9 Month Practicum).
- Attend one 5-day intensive residency near Nashville, TN, the week of May 24-28, 2022.
Write a final reflective paper describing the manner in which Ignatian spirituality enhances/impacts you and your ministry of spiritual direction. This is a reflective exercise aimed at demonstrating the integration of the topics covered during the residency and your practicum experience. Paper is due July 1st, 2023.
For the Optional 9 Month Practicum
- Complete above requirements.
- Read from an additional short bibliography.
- Attend monthly group supervision while directing someone through the Spiritual Exercises (September-May). Supervision is available in person or online.
- Attend one 2-day concluding retreat near Nashville, TN, the weekend of May 30-June 3, 2023.
*Limited to 6 participants.
Apply by April 1, for the 2022 cohort.
To fulfill the application process, complete the following:
- Fill out the application.
- Complete the essay questions. SD Two Application Essay Questions
- Have three individuals send in recommendations (This step is not needed if a graduate of the Selah Spiritual Direction Program). Recommendation Form.
Material will be reviewed by staff, and if accepted, you are welcome to enroll in the program by choosing one of the payment options below.
Cost of Certificate Program:
$1499 includes tuition, room and board during the residency. Participant covers the cost of travel and books. Payment is due before the residency. If you would like to pay it in increments, contact us at [email protected]
Additional Cost of Optional 9 Month Practicum:
$950 includes Practicum tuition, monthly supervision, easy to use formatted electronic version of Spiritual Exercises, room and board for concluding retreat. Participants cover cost of travel and books.